By: Ally B.
I hate to admit that I am so into it, but I’ve been watching Bob’s Burgers from the beginning. Without a doubt, the standout character of this show is 14 year old Tina Belcher, a young girl whose awkward and ridiculously relatable coming of age plays a key role in the series. In my book, Tina is a feminist in the making, and her quirky presence on Bob’s Burgers never fails to leave me laughing.
What makes Tina such an amazing feminist icon? Let the gifs be your guide…
1. She isn’t afraid to speak some universal truths about anatomy.
2. She openly explores her budding sexuality.
3. She knows the truth about beauty.
4. She knows she is a smart, strong, sensual woman and isn’t afraid to tell us.
5. She recognizes that even though she is an amazing badass, she is just like everybody else.
6. She loves to write about sex.
7. She doesn’t worry about the haters.
8. She checks-in with herself.
9. She isn’t afraid to talk about sex toys.
10. If she could, she would obviously join us on Tumblr.