I am currently living in bush Alaska and will be for the next two months. I'm pretty sure I have a UTI. Antibiotics are out of the question as well as cranberry juice. Are there any other homeopathic treatments for UTIs?
It is important to see a doctor about UTIs because untreated they may lead to kidney infections. Here are some articles about homeopathic remedies (1) (2) but there are no guarantees anything will work. Good luck!
My doctor recently informed me after my 3rd UTI this year that I am very prone to UTI's. Is there anything that I could be doing during sex that could make these more common or is it just the luck of the draw?
Some people do seem to be predisposed to UTIs, especially those who are sexually active and have a vagina. Sex introduces new bacteria into the genital area and can get into the urethra. There are a couple of things you can do to reduce your risk of getting a UTI:
- Urinating before and after intercourse.
- Clean up the genital area after sex.
- Stay hydrated in order to regularly flush the urinary tract.
- Do not douche!
- Try drinking cranberry juice. Supposedly, this can make a big difference for many people.
- Talk to your doctor about what you can do to aid prevention.